Also known as:
- Botulinum toxin (protein name)
What is Botox?
It is a protein injected through injections directly to the desired body part with an intention to reduce wrinkles. These injections when done correctly should not keep you from your job. Many people have this procedure done on their lunch break and return to work immediately following the injection. The reason for this is that most people(with a little makeup) will not be able to tell that you had anything done. Typically, you do not need to take pain medications for Botox or Dysport which is another commonly prevents people from returning to work after other cosmetic procedures like Laser Resurfacing or Certain Fillers.
Botox or Dysport Injection Recovery Times
You obtain a local anesthetic and small needle pricks in certain places depending on where you are receiving the injection. There will some times be a dot of blood that is evident after an injection but the redness and blood goes away pretty quickly. A small amount of concealer can be applied post injection to cover up any redness or the small dot. You won’t begin to see the effect of the injection for a day or two but you should never have to miss work unless you are really self conscious about someone noticing something different.
What does Botox mean today?
It is a common cosmetic procedure used by the age group from 18-65 years for a wrinkle free and glowing skin. Botox is more than the wrinkle miracle it is actually a valuable tool in the treatment of numerous serious conditions. It is manufactured by Allergan and is not available through any other manufacturer. Here is the wikipedia description of botox, you may find it alarming but you should know what you are putting into your face. Millions of people live for their next botox fix and if you have ever had it then you can agree with this statement but if you are one of the few that have not experienced it, then you probably are wondering what the fuss is all about. Botox contracts the muscles in your face while simultaneously paralyzing there ability to move or make expressions which in turns prevents you from creating wrinkles.
Is Botox safe or harmful?
Yes, but no serious issues has been reported, side-effects of Botox disappear after 6 months as the same is duration for which Botox remain in body. Only moderate use is recommended.
Why do celebrities do it?
Mostly because to increase the life span of their careers with help of wrinkle-free and young skin like in the video below.
Here is a list of some famous celebrities who have done botox
Lara Flynn Boyle
Selecting the Best Injection Specialist
Finding and selecting the best filler injection or botox injection specialist can be a difficult task. With the onslaught of consumer advertising from companies like Radiesse, Botox, Juvederm, Restylane, and others, it is nearly impossible to understand the differences between the products and who is best suited to inject on your behalf.
Whether your being injected with Juvederm or Restylane or any of the other products, it is important that you realize some important facts regarding filler injections. check out this Botox Expert resource.
- What kind of specialist is the person you are speaking with?
- How many years have they been doing this procedure?
- Who trained you in the art of filler and botox injections?
- How confident are you that I will be happy with my results? You should make sure to go into the procedure with your eyes wide open and have realistic expectations.
- What is your favorite filler for lips? Restylane, Juvederm, Juvederm Ultra, or Juvederm Ultra Plus are the choices for the most part
- What is your favorite filler for nasal labial folds? Radiesse, Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Evolence, or another filler.
- Why are these fillers your favorite?
- How long will the filler last? ( This is a trick question in a way because each persons body responds to the filler in a different way. Everyone metabolizes the filler at a different rate therefore affecting how long it lasts. It also depends on whether or not you have had it before. The type of filler arguably has less to do with how long it lasts. Currently Radiesse and Evolence, aside from Sculptra are showing the most longevity but this is not a fact.)
- What happens if there is some of the filler remaining after my injection? The correct answer here is that it will be disposed of as it is agaisnt safety regulations to store it after it has been opened. You want to have a practice that will abide by these rules as it should give you solace in knowing that they follow safety protocols.
Featured Botox Providers
- Flawless Fillers Austin
- 11801 Domain Blvd, Suite 303
- Austin, TX, 78758
- (512) 415-2389
- Austin botox page
- Austin botox google review